Friday, December 18, 2009

Usher In A New Year

Yesterday, 18th December marked the new year 1431 Hijriah in the Muslim calendar. The pilgrims have started to return to their homeland.

I am just a science teacher, a wife, a mother of 2 boys, living in a small town near the capital of my country, working in an all boys' multiracial secondary school. I go to school in the morning, come back in the afternoon, rest a bit before I go fetch my boys from school in the evening. During the weekend, I try to meet up with my siblings. In my free time, I read, I blog, I write.

Just living an ordinary life. My family means the world to me; I enjoy being with my students. I contribute to my society wherever I can, in my own way.

I am a Muslim...and on this auspicious day...I just pray for peace - on God's earth; and peace of mind - for all! Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment